Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Melted Artichoke and a Mini Meltdown...


I MELTED THIS WHILE...
      
                                                               COOKING THIS !!!


Yes, this is what you cook: when you are an empty nester...and when "R" (aka-hubby) is at work!!! In case you were wondering what the heck this mess is, it is gourmet grilled tuna with cheese & fresh veggies from the garden. mmm-mmm!!! Hey, I'm just a simple girl- well, only when it is my time to cook. Ha-ha!!! I was really bummed that I melted my fav. candle in the process, which leads me to the next subject of the day...mini meltdown...well...
It all started when I woke up, yes right from the get go. When I do meltdowns, I waste no time-so hang on and just hang in there for me, OK. I woke up stressed and tired, so of course I decided to hurry and jump in the shower before I was tempted to get back in bed for like 2 days. Well to make a long story short, and to save you all the grief...I stressed, complained, cried, complained again, cried, took a nap, and stressed again. After 4 or 5 hours of this, I combed my hair again, re-applied my make-up and went to a very nice picnic for all the primary workers. Feeling much better, I quick- cleaned my house and put on my happy face because we were having cake and ice cream for baby daughter in my backyard. Well all turned out well, because daughter # 1 made the most scrumptious chocolate cake (sorry no pix) and cute grandkids made me laugh and smile. So moral of the story is...when having mini-meltdowns, just hang on, and let all out to: people who love, and support you-go somewhere happy- and clean your house- and eat chocolate and next thing you know- You are back to happy self- phew-what a day!!! Hopefully there will be NO MORE melt-downs in this house anytime soon, because "R" might just fly the nest, if you know what I mean. So here's to happy days ahead and call me if this might be happening to you-cuz I think I'm well qualified to counsel you on The mini-meltdowns. RIGHT??? ...love, Meg




No comments:

Post a Comment