Sunday, January 30, 2011

SMITTEN- NOT GOOD...

"R" and I have been smitten...Smitten with the Sickies. Since Thursday, our days have been filled with sniffles, coughs, headaches, body aches, & FEVERSSSS.
Friday, I decided to visit a doctor, I knew this crap was not gonna go away...by itself. After a long ride to the Doc. and a SHOT in the butt, and another long ride home...I Thought I was gunna DIE!!!
Long story short...another shot...cough syrup...tylenol...lots of sleep= feeling a tadd better. "R" just had body aches, so he was the one who did all the errands...like making my magic drink...


Ice, POM Juice.Diet Sierra Mist, Straw=YUM
This drink makes you feel fuzzy inside-and the fizzy makes your throat feel better- and the Pom juice is Healthy, so it's a win-win, in our house!!! BUT---"R" doesn't do so well in the meal dept., unless you like ramen noodles 3 times a day. He's really good at that!!! Anywhoo- today I just had to have some MEAT and some comfort food, so I say to myself: What would my mom make if she were here??? That's right, she would make something yummy- like:


Hot Hamburger on Mashed Potatoes...swimming in GRAVY!!!
That was the ticket, and I had a little energy to pull it off, so...Belly full of MEAT- Mission Accomplished!!! Boo to Ramen Noodles!!! Oh, and lets not forget the healthy part:

Green Beans in a GREEN Bowl-nothing Better!!!
Oh, and about the bowl, it's cute right, well there are many others that go with it...
THANKS to my most generous friend!!!


This cute set of bowls was a surprise Christmas gift from...like I said
a GENEROUS friend...We decided not to exchange gifts last year, because her husband had been laid off, and Yeah that was just dreadful, especially at Christmas time!!! 
So I was a little surprised when I saw her packing these beauties...we had actually spotted them at the nearby Alco store, earlier in the year, and we both loved them, but we decided to wait to buy them, for obvious reasons. When she handed them to me, I wanted to cry...I didn't want to accept them, because we made a deal, but she insisted and I adore them and I feel very thankful, but really I felt bad about the circumstance, and so today was the first day I have used them, and I am trying not to feel guilty about accepting them, so from now on...I will enjoy every single little bowl, and I will use them everyday, and i won't feel guilty, just blesst...blesst to have such a loving friend!!!

So as I look at these bowls, I am reminded about this:


A CHAIR FULL OF BOWLIES...REMEMBER...Mary Engelbreight!!!


HAVE A VERY NICE WEEK...AND FILL UP YOUR BOWLIES...AND PUT YUMMY FOOD IN YOUR BOWLIES...AND STAY HEALTHY...AND ENJOY ALL YOUR GENEROUS FRIENDS...
XOXOX-MEG



1 comment:

  1. I love Mary Englebrieght. I used to get her magizine for the paper dolls. Ya, I'm a paper doll fanatic! So glad you are feeling better. It last forever! Sure hope the virus didn't spread through f/b LOL I had it all through the Christmas Break. SPRING WILL COME! Oh ya LOVE, LOVE the BOWLIES!! XO

    ReplyDelete