Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cake...Candles...Christmas Eve...

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER- RIGHT???

I wanted to share "Our Family Christmas Eve"- But I had to be in the right mood to write...so...I waited till that moment arrived.

This morning as I was looking up road conditions for my Son- who has to travel scary Highway 6... I came upon one of my fav. blogs- http://theyellowhouse365.blogspot.com/ - This young mom has always been an example to me, as was the case today. Her Christmas post hit me, as I watched the video's that she posted, and I was driven to write my special thoughts too...

Christmas Eve has always been the time that we as a family- gather and reflect- so this year was no different. My DIL Cic. brought her family tradition and shared with us...





The Picture of the Savior...The cake...the candles...Silent Night playing...testimonies... and that is what we remember the most about our Christmas -2010!!!

This tradition was almost not shared, because DIL didn't bring cake...but as Faith would have it...Neighbor brought over a cake...how did she know that is what we needed??? (tears)

I did not have a specific plan for Christmas Eve, but The Lord had a plan, and { He ] placed everything in order for us. Things could have totally gone different, because Satan wanted us to fight... and not enjoy the Spirit of Christmas...but no...The Holy Ghost whispered- and we all listened, including Neighbor...and the Eve Of Christmas did not DISAPPOINT!!!

Thank you... to all of you who are such great examples -of the true meaning of [Christmas} & to everyone who supports and lifts me up when I need it the most...and thanks to Cic.: for sharing her tradition. I am thankful that my family is always willing to follow {THE SAVIOR} and that {THE SAVIOR} is always looking out for us, and for what we need-when we need it!!!

I am so aware of the many people that are suffering, and I hope that I can be the Lifter-Upper in their lives...Because that is what it is all about- right? I am thankful for people that share their trials, and remain faithful, because that is powerful to me... check out: beatingepilepsy.blogspot.com and see how faithful my nephew, and his wife {deal} with their trials...they are amazing.

In 2011- the new thing to do is find a word- just one word- that you will FOCUS on, and IMPROVE on- in your life. I have been thinking about this since reading about it...and I think I found my word...I will share that word in another post...so- STAY TUNED-

In Twenty-Eleven...
Keep the Faith...
Be a Good example...
Learn from others...
and kiss the ones you love- because it's almost... 
New Year's Eve!!!
Hugs, MEG

2 comments:

  1. Pray (on my knees) For the zillion prayers I say during the day I want to "kneel to pray, everyday" I've been a slacker in the bending process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your post on our blog...and I came to see who it was...and I'm glad it was you. I was reading this post and thought what a great tradition of celebrating the Lord's birth (literaly) with cake and all (I think I might have to steal that one!). And then I saw your sweet words of our family...thank you so much for your love and support and most of all your prayers...we need them and we feel them!

    Hope you guys have an AMAZING new year :)

    ReplyDelete